Faster To Any Size Disaster
24 Hour Emergency Service
Faster to any disaster isn't just a catchy phrase for SERVPRO of Dekalb County. Our technicians know when a disaster strikes a property owner time saves money and minimizes damage. We also know that having a trusted professional there fast reduces worry and lets the customer know that everything will be alright. SERVPRO doesn't use a automated system to answer our phones, you will get a real live person to help you address your situation and talk you thru the first steps. We are prepared and ready to go 24 hours a day,7 days ago week and 365 days a year.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – (815) 758-3900
Faster to Any Size Emergency
In many cleaning and restoration situations, immediate action is needed. With over 2060 U.S. and Canadian Franchise locations, SERVPRO is strategically positioned to be faster to any size emergency. An immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Water is particularly invasive, quickly spreading throughout your property and being absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, etc. SERVPRO of DeKalb County arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately.
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.