Services to help your commercial business
SERVPRO of Dekalb County provides commercial cleaning and restoration services and they are trusted by many local businesses for building maintenance services. Some of the many commercial services that SERVPRO offers are:
- Mold remediation
- Water restoration
- Fire restoration
- Floor cleaning
- Carpet cleaning
- General cleaning
- Biohazard cleanup
SERVPRO of Dekalb County is licensed and trained to handle all of your commercial cleaning and restoration needs and the team is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
Our team is always ready to assist with any of commercial services we offer and will do it in a polite way so as to not disturb your customers should your business be open and operating while we are performing services.
Have a need for our commercial services? Call us at SERVPRO of Dekalb County (815)758-3900
Is your water issue creating mold issue
Lurking below the surface
Mold just needs the right environment to grow which centers around moisture for it to grow. What appears to be a small water issue can actually be causing a mold problem as well because the excess water can be creating extra moisture for the mold to grow.
Water discoloration or stains on walls mean that you have a leak that is reaching that location. If it was just a one time deal where water just happen to get there and dry out you may not have too much of a problem but often when we have discolorations in our homes it is an ongoing problem. If the water found its way there once it will find its way again. The moisture in the walls and ceilings can be also creating a mold problem as well that won't likely be discovered until you go to fix the stain. Another indicator of a lot of moisture in the walls is bubbling and cracking of paint as it means the moisture levels are off. Latex paint will reabsorb moisture from the air and other water sources and if it is stretching and bubbling something is wrong.
A lot of other times we know very well we have a water issue such as a leaky pipe or a flooded basement. In all these situations it is important to get the water issue resolved as quickly as possible to keep it from becoming a mold issue. When the moisture levels go up so does the chance of mold growth. Act quickly fixing the water issue and stop the mold before it starts.
Need our mold remediation services? Call us at SERVPRO of Dekalb County (815)758-3900
Some indicators of mold
Do I have mold?
Mold spores are present everywhere but the conditions have to be just right for them to grow. Moisture being a big part of them growing. Hopefully you do not have a mold issue but there are some indicators that you could have a mold problem.
- A musty odor. If you have a musty odor very likely you do have mold and that musty odor is very distinctive when you smell it. It may just be surface mold somewhere but could also be an underlying problem behind walls or in ceilings, attics, or the basement
- Black, green or gray growth or discoloration on the wall or in the basement. It is important to fix what is causing the problem with mold growth on the wall then take care of it with a mold growth inhibitor.
- Mold growing in the grout lines or along the tub or shower in the bathroom. This can just be surface mold from the high humidity levels often found in bathrooms or it could be a water leak fueling the problem. Being bathrooms are prone to high moisture levels an excellent help for this is an exhaust fan to expel that moisture outside.
Have you discovered a mold problem? Call us at SERVPRO of Dekalb County (815)758-3900
SERVPRO is ready to help
Emergency Ready Program
SERVPRO offers a complimentary Emergency Ready Profile for your business. This is to make an all in one spot for various disasters should they happen. An employee can bring up the profile and then know what to do. For example a pipe bursts within the business but no one is sure where the shut off valve is. Within the profile is a location as well as a photo that shows them what they are looking for. The employee now knows I have to go to this section of the building and I am looking for this dial and it will shut off the water so the leak can then be repaired. The nice thing about this is it is free and accessible to all employees and contains just a nice concise detail to getting it done so they do not have to go through tons of info to find what they need to know now. We can do a no cost assessment of your business. Here are a couple links to give you more info and get you started with your Emergency Ready Profile and become a part of our Emergency Ready Program.
Emergency Ready Program Overview
When storms hit
SERVPRO of Dekalb County specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit our area, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today SERVPRO of Dekalb County (815)758-3900
Winterizing your vehicle
The Dreaded Dead Battery
Most of us have gone out to start our vehicle in the winter to hear the car start to turn over slowly then nothing as the battery dies. Your heart sinks as you realize you are not heading to wherever you had planned on going to. Well here are some tips you can use to help avoid winter time issues.
- Check the brake fluid levels. All fluids move slower in winter and brakes are no exception
- A 50/50 water and antifreeze is recommended. They now make premixed if you are unsure about the mix ratios.
- Check your battery. Many auto places offer this as a free service. Remember short trips do not give your battery much time to charge so it slowly dies. Also keep an emergency jump starter in the car. You can usually find these starting at around $50.00
- Keep tires at the proper inflation level to insure good grip on the road. Also drive at safe speeds since we all know it is easy to lose traction in the winter's slippery conditions
- Make sure oil level is where it needs to be. Again fluids get thick and the engine needs the oil to lubricate the cylinders.
- Check your wipers. Also top off your windshield washer fluid. You don't want to be in traffic and the windows are getting dirty and no way to clean them. They get hard to see through very quickly.
- Keep gas level above a 1/4 tank to keep it from freezing. If you drive a diesel they have additives to help keep from gelling up and also additives should it gel up to liquefy it again
Be safe and drive safe. Your lives and all those others are too important to take chances.
Storm damage to your home? Call us at SERVPRO of Dekalb County (815)758-3900
I've heard it a million times
We've been told many times and to some of us it seems like a million times but it still needs repeating because we ignore what we are told. Just like we will warn our children over and over again about something that could harm them but we repeat it because we love them and do not want to see them hurt. So we at SERVPRO of Dekalb County are telling you because we don't want to see anyone hurt is have smoke alarms installed in your house. And a good rule of thumb is the first of every month is just test the alarm to make sure it is working. We keep hearing about smoke alarms but so many houses don't have one in them or have batteries that are dead. It is a good thing to have in the house to notify you of a fire so that every one can get out of the house safely. And that is what we want for all of you. We hope you do not have a fire but if you should the first and foremost thing is you and your family are safe. The house and the things in it is where fire restoration comes in. Keep yourself and your family safe and install a smoke alarm and carbon monoxide alarm if you do not have them and check them regularly.
Had a fire and need our fire restoration services? Call us at SERVPRO of Dekalb County (815)758-3900
Some common causes of house fires
Cooking is the number one cause of home fires. Grease fires are common and to put it out DO NOT use water. Put the pan lid on to smother it or use baking soda or use a Class B fire extinguisher which uses a chemical instead of a water base. Also when near an open flame watch the oven mitts and towels near it when reaching for pans. I seen this happen on a cooking competition on tv where the cook caught their mitt on fire not paying attention so it can happen to anyone including those whose job is to cook and do it safely.
We get so used to them burning as they are off to the side and burn so long that we don't always think about them when going to bed so make sure to snuff them out when going to bed. Also be aware of what is around the candle. Keep it a safe distance away from things that could ignite from the candle.
Do not overload outlets which is a more common problem than ever as we all have so many electrical based items in our houses now. Also watch for old and frayed cords and replace them if needed.
Be aware of your space heaters if you have them and keep things a safe distance away. The heat radiates out so it may be ok initially but then it continues to warm and get hotter and hotter until a fire starts. If you aren't sure if its far enough away be safe and move whatever it is a little further away.
It never hurts to double check things. Not sure you blew out the candle? Quick double check for safety insures you did.
Fire Damage? Call us at SERVPRO of Dekalb County (815)758-3900
SERVPRO Water damage services
Water has damaged your home
None of us want to suddenly discover we have water in our basement or that a pipe has leaked or whatever may have caused our water damage. Once we do find that we have a water issue we also want to get it taken care of as soon as we can. That is where SERVPRO of Dekalb County comes in. One of our specialties is to take care of these water damage issues and restore your home as it was before so it is "Like it never even happened."
Our SERVPRO technicians look for water or any excessive humidity or condensation. Things such as standing water, damp or humid air, condensation on your windows, or walls that are wet to the touch are all signs of water issues.
Our SERVPRO technicians also check for hidden problems associated with water damage, such as finding cracks in your foundation, sewer problems, broken water lines, broken gutters and downspouts, or mold that may be forming because of the water damage.
Water Damage? Call us at SERVPRO of Dekalb County (815)758-3900
Snow concerns around your home
- Make sure windows are sealed properly to keep moisture out
- Know where shut off valves are should a pipe freeze and burst
- Have a backup heat source should your heater have issues
- Use towels to lined doors or windows where drafts may be coming in
- Close storm windows to keep heat in and the cold out
- Check the smoke alarm and carbon monoxide detectors to make sure they are working
- Clean out gutters and downspouts before winter. They can prevent water from moving away from the house and could cause basement flooding
- Candles are sometimes used for decorations and not just scented candles so keep stuff away from the flames
- Be careful of ice damming. This is when snow melts and moves further down the roof and then freezes again and then build up more on the roof and when it melts the water has no where to go with the ice dam so it gets under your shingles and into your roof causing multiple issues
Do you have need of our Storm Restoration Services? Contact us at SERVPRO of Dekalb County (815)758-3900