Our Highly trained Restoration Specialists can restore your DeKalb County Home
SERVPRO of DeKalb County is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
• Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
• Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
• Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of Dekalb County
SERVPRO of Dekalb County specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Fire Damage to our home
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Dekalb County will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today -815-758-3900
Does your Dekalb County Home have a Mold Problem?
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 815-758-3900
My flooded basement
A basement can flood at any time, although flooding most often occurs during heavy rainfall. Basements are inherently prone to flooding because they are the lowest level of a building and are normally built partly or entirely below ground level. There are a number of reasons why your DeKalb County basement could flood, including:
· A blocked or failed sewer lateral pipe
· Heavy rain causes surface water to pool around your home
· Storm sewer backup
· Sanitary sewer backup
· Foundation drainage failure
· Water supply-line break or hot-water tank failure
· And many more
Have Questions about Basement Flooding?
Call Today – 815-758-3900
If flood water is not handled quickly and properly, it can jeopardize your health and safety, and cause severe damage to your home’s structure. Remember, the longer you wait, the worse the problem will get.
The bottom line: a flooded basement can jeopardize your health, safety, and your home’s integrity. It’s worth making a call to SERVPRO of DeKalb County and let our trained, professional crews handle the situation safely and correctly. We have earned the trust of hundreds of homeowners, business owners, and property professionals.
We are Flooded Basement Specialists:
· We are Available 24 hours/7 days per week
· We’re a Preferred Vendor to many National Insurance Companies
· We Bill The Insurance Directly – One Less Thing For You To Worry About
· Our Technicians are Highly-Trained in Water Restoration Techniques
· We use s500 IICRC Restoration Standards
I had know idea where to start
I recently had a fire in my home. I had no idea that so many decisions had to be made after such a traumatic event or that I was going to be asked so many questions. I admit as everything was happening around me all I could hear was noise and was totally overwhelmed. When the local fire department suggested to me to call the local SERVPRO franchise I said yes without even really knowing what I was saying yes to. Well boy am I glad that I called them and can say with absolute certainty that they stopped the "noise" for me and my kids. It was like the commercials. The trucks pulled up and as the crew chief was speaking with me, his crew was already in work mode. I think back and realize how many questions I answered and how much info I gave him without even realizing I was even doing it. They put me at easy as much as was possible for the tragedy of the day. I cant thank the whole staff for the ease at which the entire claim was handled. I highly recommend SERVPRO of DeKalb county and cant thank them enough.
SERVPRO took my worries away
I am the owner of a multi unit residential building. In spring of 2016 we had a fire in one of the apartments. Not only did SERVPRO of DeKalb county take care of my building they put my other tenants at easy by working with them. They made things go so smoothly and worked with them when some didn't even have insurance coverage. They helped them out and made it all work for all involved. I would highly recommend SERVPRO of DeKalb County for any disaster. They made sure to follow up with me and offered a FREE Emergency Ready Plan to help me save time and money in the event that something like this would happen to any of my properties again. Thank you SERVPRO of DeKalb County.
Washing machine flooded our bathroom
Our washer/dryer are located in our bathroom. My wife started the machine and then left the house for "just a few minutes" which of course turned into a lot longer. When we returned home the washer malfunctioned and didn't stop filling. We had a lake in our main level. SERVPRO of DeKalb Co came to our rescue. We had always joked about the"like it never even happened" tagline but were so happy it came true for us! Thank you to the great crew at SP of DeKalb. They truly made it "Like it never even happened."