Fire damage in Oregon, IL
A cigarette that had fallen in a crack at the edge of the porch ignited the brush in the crack and quickly caused more damage up the wall of the apartment complex. The fire department responded quickly and got the fire out before their was extensive damage to the complex. However because it rolled in the crack it wasn't until the wall was on fire that anyone knew there was a problem and a need for the fire department and being such a high wall allowed it to burn so far up the wall as the fire rose up. Fortunately it did not get into anyone's apartment but only affected the exterior of the building. We replaced the burnt wood and siding to restore the tenants to an apartment that had a fire but was repaired so it was "Like it never even happened."